Mission & Ambitions
What are our main goals?
- Increase sustainability and efficiency of health systems by unlocking innovation, enhancing patient/citizen-centric care and citizen empowerment and encouraging organizational changes.
- Support public health capacity building and contribute to innovative, efficient and sustainable health systems.
- Identify, disseminate and promote the uptake of evidence-based and good practices for cost-effective disease prevention and health promotion.
- Develop coherent approaches for better preparedness and coordination in health emergencies.
- Facilitate access to better and safer healthcare for Union citizens.
- Foster cross-border healthcare, health security, solidarity, universality and equity and improve legal and market conditions for the development of eHealth products and services.